Story of Kallioniemi

Kallioniemi is the headquarters of SunSaimaa company. Providing the pleasures of Saimaa to
all senses. Green quality products, food and services with a touch of purity and character of lake
Saimaa. we are open during the summer-season from march to september, perhaps october
depending on the arrival of winter. Our sub-base in Mikkeli-town is open all year around,
providing local pasteris and others goods with a hint of luxury and service.

Kallioniemi estate was build in 1896, by a finnish language proffessor Emil Nestor Setälä and
his wife, author Salme Setälä. It was a summer escape for many artists and politicians of the
time like composer Jean Sibelius, who were invited by the hoasts to spend time and discuss
matters such as indepence of Finland. The first drafts of finnis flag were desined in Kallioniemi
and E.N.Setälä was one of the people that were involved in writing the independece declaration
of Finland.

Today, we value this historical place among todays services for travellers coming via Green
gold culture-road and the clearest waters of lake Saimaa.